I’ve made a few shoddy neologisms in my time (nulture, smugosphere, transruptive, ego-fodder). And I’ve enjoyed other people’s (testiculating – waving your arms around while talking bollocks). And here’s a long list of em, from the latest Scrabble newsletter (just to clarify – these are not legit scrabble words…)
Personal fave is 14, based on the Doppler Effect.
1. Cashtration (n.): The act of buying a house, which renders the
subject financially impotent for an indefinite period of time.
2. Ignoranus : A person who’s both stupid and an arsehole.
3. Intaxicaton : Euphoria at getting a tax refund, which lasts
until you realize it was your money to start with.
4. Reintarnation : Coming back to life as a hillbilly.
5. Bozone ( n.): The substance surrounding stupid people that stop bright ideas from penetrating. The bozone layer, unfortunately,
shows little sign of breaking down in the near future.
6.Foreploy : Any misrepresentation about yourself for the purpose
of getting laid.
7. Giraffiti : Vandalism spray-painted very, very high
8.Sarchasm : The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the
person who doesn’t get it.
9. Inoculatte : To take coffee intravenously when you are running
10. Osteopornosis : A degenerate disease. (This one got extra credit.)
11.Karmageddon : It’s like, when everybody is sending off all
these really bad vibes, right? And then, like, the Earth explodes
and it’s like, a serious bummer.
12. Decafalon (n.): The gruelling event of getting through the day
consuming only things that are good for you.
13. Glibido : All talk and no action.
14. Dopeler Effect : The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter
when they come at you rapidly.
15. Arachnoleptic Fit (n.): The frantic dance performed just after
you’ve accidentally walked through a spider web.
16. Beelzebug (n.): Satan in the form of a mosquito, that gets into
your bedroom at three in the morning and cannot be cast out.
17. Caterpallor ( n.): The colour you turn after finding half a worm
in the fruit you’re eating.